Monday, June 7, 2010

Review #8 Peak Organics Summer Session

Ahhhhhh, Summer.  Baking in the sun.  Being covered in sweat just from walking to the corner bodega.  When the subway is a sauna and everyone smells pretty gross.  Yet it is still one of our favorite times of the year, but why?

Drinking outside.

There are not many things as enjoyable as a great cold beer on a hot Summer afternoon outdoors.  It is for this reason I will try to review every Summer beer I can get my hands on this season, starting with Peak Organics Summer Session.

Normally I am not really excited by Peak's offerings.  They just strike me as kind of "meh".  They aren't bad, but I would definitely choose something else to drink.  But, when I heard that this was actually a Three Floyd's recipe (unconfirmed, but from a reliable source) I wanted to give it a go.

What I found was a smooth, summery beer with a creamy white head, that smelled and tasted like lemon and wheat the whole way through.  That's it.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It is simple, but not boring, very refreshing, and remarkably easy to drink.  There is a slight hint of sweetness and a dry finish that make it a great beer for pairing with almost any Summer food.  In true session fashion it is only has 5% ABV, which I think is great for those long days of drinking and barbecuing.

What do I think?:  If you are tailgating, barbecuing, or just hanging out in the park, this beer will do you no wrong.  I cannot for the life of me think of anything that I will eat in the next three months that would not pair well with this beer.  I will definitely buy this again, and you should too.  Plus, it's organic for crying out loud, at least your drinking could have some benefit for the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment