Monday, June 7, 2010

Review#10 Lagunitas: Wilco Tango Foxtrot


I am going to say something here that I have probably said 100 times at work in the last three months:  This is my favorite limited/seasonal release of this year so far.  There are many close seconds, but each time I grab one of these I remind myself of just how much I love this beer.

For me, this beer achieves the perfect balance between hops and malt, which is kind of unusual for the folks at Lagunitas.  It pours brownish red, with a white head that disappears very quickly.  There are hints of sweet malt, toffee, caramel, some hops, yeast, raisins and berries in the nose.  Most of these take a back seat in the taste when the malt kicks in with a hint of sweetness and the hops come around every now and again to give your taste buds a little wallop.  It finishes a little dry with just the slightest bit of bitters, and makes you want another swig.

Just thinking about it makes me want one right now.

It's not a lightweight either, as its 7.83% ABV will attest too.  And priced between $4-5 for a 22 oz. bottle, its also not a drain on your wallet.

So do you really like this beer?:  Hell yes I do!  I would recommend this beer to anyone, even if you are new to craft beer, or have never had one, this could be a great starting point.  I would just like to know one thing from Lagunitas; Why The Fuck isn't this available year round?  I guess I will just have to stock up, or just wait until October when my other Lagunitas favorite, Brown Shugga' becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment